1515 W Cypress Creek Rd
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33309
Master of Science in Criminal Justice
Gain the knowledge, management skills, and expertise to advance into leadership and supervisory roles in criminal justice. Earn a degree that employer’s respect 100% online at one of the largest providers of public safety programs in the U.S.*
• Program Highlights: Study criminological theory, homeland security, training and education, ethics and morality in professional practice, community-based law enforcement and corrections, and more.
• Career Opportunities: Police captain, chief of police, special agent, criminal investigator/profiler, shift supervisor, detective
• Credit for Experience: Earn credits for prior college, work, or military experience.†
• Applied Research Project: Complete a hands-on final project to gain practical experience solving real-world public safety and criminal justice- related issues.
Purdue Global cannot guarantee employment or career advancement. Prior experience may be necessary for leadership positions. Local, state, and federal law enforcement jobs may require additional training or education including additional state-approved higher education beyond the Purdue Global degree. This program was not designed to meet any specific state’s requirements, and Purdue Global makes no representations or warranties as to whether the degree or any individual courses meet such requirements. Refer to the University Catalog for additional information.
* Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS), 2018-2019 Total Degrees and Certificates Conferred, First Major, Criminology; Homeland Security, Law Enforcement, Firefighting, and Related Protective Services; nces.ed.gov/IPEDS. Based on total number of degrees and certificates granted by Purdue Global compared to other Title IV institutions.
† Purdue Global does not guarantee transferability of credit from any of these sources. See the University Catalog for the Prior Learning policy.
Classification: Associate's College
Locale: Small City
For more information about program cost, educational debt, and completion rates of students who attended this program, please click here