California State University, Northridge

Speech Language Pathology Assistant (SLPA)


18111 Nordhoff Street

The Tseng College

Northridge, CA 91330

United States



Program Information

Degrees Offered:

Certificate in Speech-Language Pathology

Format: Online

Program Description:

In just 12 weeks you can be a licensed SLPA, with elevated responsibilities, authority and salary!

In California, one can become a licensed speech-language pathology assistant (SLPA) and work as a para-professional in the field with an associate’s degree in the field from an approved community college or a bachelor’s degree in speech language pathology.

Speech-language pathology college graduates without the master’s degree or the SLPA licensure can only work as registered speech-language pathology “aides,” earning significantly less income than their SLPA counterparts.

A CSUN Certificate in Speech-Language Pathology Fieldwork Experience creates access to the education and training needed by para-professionals in the speech-language pathology field who:

•Wish to be licensed as Speech-Language Pathology Assistants in California
•Possess a bachelor’s degree in Communications Disorder Sciences or Speech-Language Pathology,
•Have not been accepted to a Master’s degree program
•Do not wish to pursue the master’s degree in Communication Disorders or in Speech-Language Pathology


The Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)

Facts & Figures

Classification: Master's College or University I

Locale: Large City

Size & Settings: 20,000-39,999

Find Schools